So youre in the market for a new camera, eh? Your current one takes all dark and blurry shots you say, eh? Now I sound like Im from Canada, eh?! ...lol.
But in all seriousness, I get asked this ALL THE TIME! "Which camera would you recommend? I need a new one. This ones crap!" So I figured id blog about it and now when my inbox gets cluttered with this question from my great and loyal fans. I can direct them to one place.
First you have to understand A LOT of the time photos come bad, its user error. You need to understand WHY your photos are coming dark and/or blurry. If youre camera is on auto (how most people shoot with point and shoots) your pretty much leaving your images to chance. The CHANCE that the lighting is perfect for a well lit image. The CHANCE that theres enough light for your p&s (point and shoot) to determine it needs a great enough shutter speed (ss) that your image will be actually in focus.
So heres the deal!
If you think upgrading to a DSLR (fancy shmancy thing that changes lenses) will give you better images.... PLEASE don't waste your hard earned money. I'm not saying they wont be better... because surely they will. But not enough for the amount you'll be spending. If you're going to be shooting on 'auto' I recommend buying a higher end p&s. Maybe even one that has a 'manual' function mode where you can practice shooting manually. (YOU setting ISO, shutter speed and F stop) The Kodak Easy Shares or Canon Powershots are great options for what youll be needing them for. Even if youre wanting to LEARN to shoot manual.... id start there.
I know people who go out and get a DSLR and are SO bummed that 'theyre not as good as they thought'.... ummm... yes they are... you just need to KNOW the camera and what it does. First off, the lens that will come with your DSLR is not good in low light. Youll need a flash. Your pop-up flash is NOT ideal but hey.... it does the trick right? If you want a lens for low light.... youre looking at an additional $500 or more on top of that $500-$700 DSLR you just bought. All to take pics of your dog inside. =) Shooting a DSLR on 'AUTO' will render the same results as will your p&s on 'auto'. You REALLY want great images... switch your little dial to the 'M' and PRACTICE! It does eventually get fun!!
This is merely my own personal opinion of which we all know are like ____ Everyone's got one. But this is also my professional opinion, so if it saves you $1000 in the long run. Youre welcome. ;)
And if you need a crash course in how to use the new DSLR you purchased and feel overwhelmed..... im offering one on one classes. Email me for info if needed.

No comments:
Post a Comment