Yes, respect ones art. Sounds simple right? But sometimes the average client doesnt realize that they are insulting their photographer. The biggest peeve is CROPPING. Yes, you know youve done it....;) When I post the sneak peeks, I LOVE that you love them. I LOVE that your friends and family love them! And more than ANYTHING... I LOVE seeing them as your facebook profile photo!!! Its extremely flattering. But seeing my photo with that tree in the backround I put there on purpose cropped out... or most IMPORTANTLY... MY LOGO cropped out.. is insulting. I know no one does it on purpose to insult. And sometimes Facebook crops them automatically... but you CAN fix it. I put a lot into the composition of each specific photo. But above that.... leaving my logo in tact allows other to see WHO the artist was. And being that I give those sneak images for you to use at will on the internet and via email at no cost whatsoever... my only request is that you repay me with a little notoriety. (Maybe even a nice shout out...lmao...j/k) .. kinda...lol.
So next time you want to crop my logo out, think about how much it would STINK if the next time I posted your photos... they looked like this....
I love you guys.... respect your photog! ;)

Definitely my BIGGEST peeve too! Your photos are fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThank you Miss Max! ;)
ReplyDeleteI agree the notoriety is a huge factor. I also agree that anyone using those particular images should be blasted if they removed your watermark, if the photo hasn't been properly purchased of course.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I will crop every photo i see lol. I have a very different view of what I want a photo to look like, than most people I know. Including you (no offense). My view may or may not be right, or artistic, but as long as its my photo, im going to make it so I like it :) This is the one of the main reasons why I can never hire a photog, and not have a resulting DVD with high-res and rights to the photos.
But now i have caught myself rambling, and i digress. You are 100% right ... the "sneaks" you put on FB are a great idea and im sure a lot of that effort is put in by you to assist in marketing. Which is a great idea ... but if the watermark is removed, it strips you of all credit, and any chance at all of someone seeing it and loving it, and wanting to hire that photog!
Damnit im still rambling ... then there is the 50yr old soccor mom who doesnt know much about computers, just knows you did the photo and they want to make it their default. They crop it to the face and BAM, watermark gone. Not done intentionally, but gone all the same.
Ok im still rambling. Must. Hit. Submit. NOW.
I agree 1000% with the guy above me! He is genius and I would recommend you give him a free session, and include the DVD!
ReplyDeleteHe is also very good looking!
Signed,
Fan of your work
lmao... Rich you are too much!
ReplyDelete