I hope you all have had a great day and are now stuffed with ham, lying on the couch with your family watching some AWESOME Holiday movie!
Today was great! It was just us but I loved every second of it. Just me, my husband and my AWESOME kiddos!
It started yesterday for us when the kids all fell to sleep EARLY (thank goodness) and Santa came early!
Around 11pm all gifts were under the tree. Just a word of advice to all you OTHER control freaks. If your husband asks to help wrap gifts.. JUST DO IT!!! It was so hard for me to let go and have 'imperfectly wrapped' gifts. But I assure you the kids didnt notice AT ALL and it cut my time in half. SO WORTH IT!
So after we hit the hay around 11:30..... Joseph and James wake up around 12am....lol. "Mommy mommy! The tree is full of gifts!" ME: " No honey, youre dreaming... go back to bed." Without hesitation, they ran back to bed. (PHEW! That was close!)
Then around 5:30AM.... MY internal alarm goes off since im soooo ANXIOUS to see my kids faces. (Plus I need to make sure James doesnt attack everyones gifts...lol) So I toss and turn until around 6:15 when I hear little footsteps... then I hear those same footsteps RUN back into the room when I hear Jacki: "Joey! Joey! Wake up! Santa came!!" "James, wake up!! SANTA CAME SANTA CAME!!!" Then in her cutesy baby voice: "Justin.. wake up cutey munchky poo.... you have presents!!" I just melted I swear!
So I get up to help them open all of their presents. The looks on their faces... well.... you know how it feels. The expressions... the smiles.... SO PRICELESS! Where are the photos you ask? Well, I chose to enjoy the moment WITHOUT my face behind a lens. Though I did get SOME video. As photographers, we sometimes forget that we like to LIVE in the moment instead of just capturing it! So while I LOVE seeing all your photos... dont forget to LIVE in your moments as well!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment