Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Story

Most of you already know that I'm a mother of 3 beautiful children and another (surprise) on the way. While I still consider myself young, I feel I have accomplished a lot in my time.

Married to the most WONDERFUL man ever at the young age of 19! While I may have regrets of not wearing the big white dress and having the huuuge celebration and most of all... NO PHOTOS... I don't regret a thing about saying, "I Do" ... because.... I still do! We've had our ups and downs... and some pretty big downs in the early years, but we grew together and got through it.

In 2003, after trying to conceive for nearly 3 years, we had done it. We were so happy to announce that wed be expecting! What soon happened was a true testament to the saying, "things happen for a reason". In May of 2003 at our appt. for the very first sonogram @ 18 weeks we discovered that there was no heartbeat. That was probably the single most tragic day in our lives. I fell into a bit of a funk as you could imagine, but my husband was there for me more than ever before as I was there for him. We were all we had. I believe we grew MUCH closer after that with a new found respect and love for each other that has never since been lost. May 30,2003 was when I delivered my first child who is now with the angels, never to be forgotten.

In the start of the New Year of 2004 I found out I was expecting my first born child Joseph! The nerves were really crazy throughout the pregnancy but on August 27, 2004, I delivered my sweet little boy! And then I got him home and discovered what colic was....lol. The most trying 6 months of my life! Not to mention that JUST as his colic was settling, I found out I was expecting again. (Someone commit me now!) We found out we were expecting a girl and on October 27, 2005, Jaclyn was born into our family as Joey had just turned 14 mos. Phew! I look back at that time and I truly don't know how I did it. How did I handle it? How did I not strangle them?...lol. But eventually we decided to add a third child. (Yes we planned it...lol.) But it wasn't without struggle that we would conceive the third. After a year of trying naturally, clomid was put into action and on month 2, we conceived our little Jamey! On July 17, 2008 James was introduced into our lives and has showed us that our family is truly blessed.

At this time, I discover the wonderful world of photography. No... like the real thing...lol. Ive ALWAYS said I wanted to do it, but never knew what it entailed or even thought I could do it. But after meeting many moms like me, my world had forever changed. I studied, practiced and photographed anyone and anything I could get in my view! I vowed that I would wait to have a 4th child until James was in kindergarten. So about another 4-5 years as to get my business up off the ground. I had an IUD put in and called it a day. Little did i know....... Did you know that those things can fall out? Yeah... well... here I am pregnant with number 4! Were not finding out the sex. We know this is it and were leaving it to the element of surprise. Basically, a surprise from beginning to end....lol. This child will be born early/mid May of this year. Sort of a full circle for me. First and last pregnancy in May... the month for all mothers.

So now I am 28 years old, a mother of 3 GREAT children, a wife to the greatest man on earth who puts up with a lot more than he should...lol, expecting another child and trying to pursue a business in the one thing (other than my family) that gives me true happiness.....photography. Ive come a long way and I also have a long way to go. I am confident in my abilities as a person, as a business woman and as a wife & mother to create the kind of lifestyle I believe me and my family deserve.

So... that's me in a nutshell. Wife, mom, photographer and friend!


http://www.jmpny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

All images posted here belong to Jennifer Morais - JMPNY. They are here for my clients to use in internet purposes only -- myspace, facebook, e-mailing family & friends, etc. They are not to be reproduced or altered in any way. This includes cropping my logo out, editing the portrait in any way (black & white, contrast, anything!), and/or printing it. To do any of these things is violation of copyright and is punishable by law. Thank you!

JMPNY's Fan Box

Followers