Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Strength in Numbers.



Ive been truly amazed by people this week. Im in awe how complete strangers can get together and do something SOOOO wonderful for a family in need. I mean, us as human beings have proved this over and over again... but now its just surreal to me. 

The auction Im holding for the Price family is going wonderfully! Donation flowing in of the most AWESOME items around! From photography to designer shoes and even wii consoles!!! Bids are just as nuts!! I LOVE IT!! 

When I first learned about what Amy was facing, I (like most others) was absolutely in tears. But me maybe more-so than some others. Ive known Amy for a while (never met but still feel like family) and weve been through similar situations together. We're both AWESOME photographers...he he he. OK so shes better...lol. But weve helped each other get to where we are in our businesses.  I remember her when she found out she was pregnant with her 4th (g-man!) and while it wasnt planned to be, it was and she took hold of him and loved every minute of it. Not too soon after, I found out i was expecting my 4th that was also unplanned and THEN knew what she felt. She was able to speak to me at a very tough time and help me through. I can never thank her enough for that. I also kinda blamed her jinxy butt for sending me the baby dust...lmao. But weve always helped each other. Miles away but seconds apart. We had online baby showers for our babies...lol. Our children are about the same ages as well and i cant help but to compare situations and to think what she and her family are going through. So OF COURSE when I found out.. I was MAD for her. I was angry with GOD for her. I wanted to hit things or blame someone! But all I could do was sit and cry for them. I wanted to be able to do SOMETHING. Naturally I wanted to CURE their babies, but knew that was impossible. Then was ANGRY that I couldnt. So the next best thing is to help them help their babies!! They upped and left everything behind without looking back to save their littlest boy. But naturally, bills keep coming. And new bills come with doctors and tests as well. So if I could help with THAT somehow, I can know I was doing SOMETHING. So of course i sent money. (never enough) And when my taxes came.. I wanted to just send it ALL. But knew I have a family and bills too. So i tried to raise some awareness on my FB page and get donations. It has helped. But I STILL wanted to do more. Then someone (GOD BLESS HER) told me to try an auction. Well.... i did. And were 2 days in and already have more than $3,000!!!!

As I said.... I am truly amazed. I am THANKFUL to those whove donated and MORE thankful to those bidding! 

If youd like to play your part in helping.... see the auction going on HERE and have fun!

Thank you all!! And in the words of Amy Price.... HUG YOUR BABIES!!!

I love you Amy and Im so glad to know you and your family! Stay strong!

Other Links:







3 comments:

  1. Iam so glad that there are people to help this family. She is so lucky to have found a friend like you! I just read the story and it brought tears to my eyes. They will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have never met Amy, but was introduced to her family through her blog. With small children myself, I have found myself trying to even begin to understand what she is going through, and I have so much anger and sorrow for her as well!! Those beautiful babies...
    You are a wonderful person and friend for doing this to help raise awareness and $$ for her family in this time of great need-
    It is amazing how much she has touched so many people's lives, even those she has never met. What a blessing you are to the Price family!
    Sarah Schurz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.. what a great story of your friendship. DH is sitting here watching a movie while I'm reading this and trying not to let the welled up tears run down my cheeks. lol
    Ever since I found out about Amy's family going through this, I've wanted to help too, but we're BROKE, I've been out of work for 2 years now, and no job in site, living on 1 income and 5 kids... it's tough! I was soooo glad to be able to donate some items to help out the family!! I feel like I CAN do something when normally, I couldn't.
    I have been STALKING the auction pages every couple hours!! (ok, probably a little more often then that. hahaha) to see what everything is going for, and every time I see the amt. go over the retail price, I get shivers. What AWESOME PEOPLE!!!! I can't even express the warmth I feel of all these wonderful people coming together to help a family most of us have never met. For me, my thinking is that if this was MY family, and MY kids, I would pray to God that others would help us, so, in return, I want to do whatever I can in whatever way I can! You're doing such wonderful things Jenniefer!!! If you ever need help with more fundraising, let me know!! I'd be more than happy to help!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

All images posted here belong to Jennifer Morais - JMPNY. They are here for my clients to use in internet purposes only -- myspace, facebook, e-mailing family & friends, etc. They are not to be reproduced or altered in any way. This includes cropping my logo out, editing the portrait in any way (black & white, contrast, anything!), and/or printing it. To do any of these things is violation of copyright and is punishable by law. Thank you!

JMPNY's Fan Box

Followers